Saturday, June 27, 2009

Davis- first day of nerd camp


Hi, I'm Davis and about a week ago I got a letter in the mail about nerd camp and I thought that was the best idea of a camp ever. So I asked my mom if I could go. She said only if I take a friend and I asked my nerdiest friend Nathan. And when I told his over the phone he screamed in excitement and then I started to screaming, and while we were screaming he asked his mom. Then it went silent and in the silence I sniff in some boogers and push my glasses closer to my face. Then the moment of truth... "yes!"

The next day we left at 3:00 AM. to North Dakota where it was it was located. It was about a 10 hour drive from Ohio. But Nathan and I were prepared we brought are Pokemon cards and we played until we got there at about 1:30 PM. and I felt as free as an untamed Pokemon when I got out of the car. When we walk in I felt home. There were nerds everywhere. Then Nathan and I said goodbye to are mommies and we started to best camp ever. The first thing we learned is the dress code.
You must wear :
  1. flood pants
  2. a white collared shirt with pocket protector must be tucked in.
  3. a bow tie.
  4. a braided belt that must be above your belly button or higher.
  5. a fanny pack/purse with a complete first aid kit.
  6. and last but not least glasses not contact lenses allowed.

luckily that is what we always wear.

Then we got to see the list of things to do in the 3 weeks here. We got to do 1 new one every day.They were...
  • Syncronized swimming - Speedo bikini for boys is required and 1 piece for girls
  • Pokemon tournaments - deck of at least 100 cards in required
  • curling
  • video game tournaments
  • rhythmic gymnastics
  • math team
  • ice dancing
  • badminton
  • chess tournaments of course
  • and finally... Finger Painting




We were so excited we hardly knew what activity to start first! But Nathan and I thought and we decided Pokemon because we were already in the zone from the car. At the end I got 3rd and Nathan 2nd. After that we we got time for diary time. At that time it bed time (7:30) so we got in are rooms and went to bed. but before we heared a roomer that we were also promised 30 minutes of indoor Pokemon trading each day!

1 comment:

  1. i steal pokemon cards. once i stole a complete set, only to find that he didn't give me his pekachoo! he stacked an energy cont on me! well have fun at nerd camp, and remember to keep your pokemon cards in your pocket protecters!!!!!!
    sincerely, Nick Yostel

    ReplyDelete